Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year

January 1st, 2008; the start of a new year and a new project for me. I found myself a bit isolated towards the end of last year, because most of my friends and art colleagues are a long way away from here. This project - the monthly creation of an artists' book related to the theme of 'bridges' and 'distance' - is my way of reaching out, as well as a way of self-imposing some badly needed discipline on my practice!

There is a possibility that the project will be a reciprocal one with an artist in the UK, or it might be a solo project. A reciprocal project would be much more interesting for me, but might not work out... whatever happens, this blog is a 'bucket' in which to put a record of the creative process of making the books and the thinking process behind them.

No comments: